Perfect tips for the Summer!
Cooling costs can chill your budget in the peak summer months। Here are few tips for chilling out without going broke:
- Block out the sun. Using shades and blinds to block sunlight minimizes the amount of energy needed to cool your house. It's also worth noting that dark-colored exterior walls and roof tops can absorb up to 90% of the sun's radiant energy. To keep things cool, try painting your house a brighter color.
- Invest in an electronic thermostat. Most people are comfortable when temperatures range from 24 to 28 °C in the home. Try to avoid going any cooler by installing a programmable thermostat that automatically shuts off when it reaches a specified temperature.
- A few degrees can make a big difference. For every degree you shave off, you save roughly 3% on your energy bill, according to the experts at Progress Energy.com.
- Get your filters checked. Dirty air filters can make your air-conditioning unit less cost effective and shorten the equipment's life span.
- In most parts of the country, you can hire a heating and cooling technician to service your machine for Few Rs. A thorough cleaning may significantly lower your energy bills. So I suggest it doing every year.
- Hire a contractor to find and fix any air leaks and add extra insulation to basements, attics and crawl spaces.