July 20, 2007

Reduce Losses from Storage Tanks

Today I was reading a question regarding reduction in losses from large storage tanks for solvents. The existing system was having ~300 tanks at set pressure of 200 mmWC with vent condensers. 10°C chilled water is used for chilling in those vent condensers with vent setting of non condensable at 300 mmWC.

Few experts on the forum suggested that use 2-3°C chilled water to reduce the vent losses and properly size the condensers for improved heat transfer.

Any comment……………Before I proceed…….If U really have different things in mind let me know & I offer a job in technical services department of my company.
(This offer is for readers from India only for Chemical Engineering Graduates with 0 to 8 years experience)

I will post my solution which I have implemented here cost effectively on Monday.
___________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: I do not guarantee the job offer unless the candidate qualifies other parameters of selection procedure.

Print this post

0 comments: