It took me 60 complete mandays of working for which I thank my BOSS Mr. Pankaj Shah who spared me totally from other day to day jobs for the preparation of this package.
In the first part it uses complete kinetic models of Primary & secondary reformer based on inlet temperature & catalyst volume & predicts outlet composition of reformed gas including heat load for primary reformer. Then comes steam generation in WHB downstream of SR. Next part includes shift reactor models with all waste heat recovery. I have skipped CO2 removal section modelling as it required absorption mass transfer etc. So it considers CO2 in the clean gas at absorber outlet. Methanator model includes only temp calculation as CO & CO2 are generally in ppm level.
Second part includes complete ammonia synthesis loop using generalized correlation of EOS and other solubility data derived from a book by Slack which is very popular in Fertilizer industry.
This package is capable of following
- Simulation of entire ammonia plant
- Can be used for predicting changes in operating parameters based on change in certain consitions e.g. Feed, Temp, Pressure etc.
- Can be used for Optimizing process parameters based on considered objective
- Can predict performance of equipments
- Can predict errors in measurements
- Can predict problem in particular equipment / process part
- Can be used for evaluation of modification schemes
The result of this package were matching with the evaluations of Technology Supplier Haldor Tosoe.
So if anyone requires simulation of ammonia plant I can do it.