May 29, 2008

Ammonia Plant Simulation

My first major job in a Ammonia Urea complex was to prepare a complete plant simulation program starting from natural gas feed to final product using Excel's Visual basic interface.

It took me 60 complete mandays of working for which I thank my BOSS Mr. Pankaj Shah who spared me totally from other day to day jobs for the preparation of this package.

In the first part it uses complete kinetic models of Primary & secondary reformer based on inlet temperature & catalyst volume & predicts outlet composition of reformed gas including heat load for primary reformer. Then comes steam generation in WHB downstream of SR. Next part includes shift reactor models with all waste heat recovery. I have skipped CO2 removal section modelling as it required absorption mass transfer etc. So it considers CO2 in the clean gas at absorber outlet. Methanator model includes only temp calculation as CO & CO2 are generally in ppm level.

Second part includes complete ammonia synthesis loop using generalized correlation of EOS and other solubility data derived from a book by Slack which is very popular in Fertilizer industry.

This package is capable of following
  1. Simulation of entire ammonia plant
  2. Can be used for predicting changes in operating parameters based on change in certain consitions e.g. Feed, Temp, Pressure etc.
  3. Can be used for Optimizing process parameters based on considered objective
  4. Can predict performance of equipments
  5. Can predict errors in measurements
  6. Can predict problem in particular equipment / process part
  7. Can be used for evaluation of modification schemes
The package is flexible in making changes in the process as it was developed in Excel. It is having 19 Excel sheets in one file with ~25 routines & takes ~2-3 Hrs
of computing.

The result of this package were matching with the evaluations of Technology Supplier Haldor Tosoe.

So if anyone requires simulation of ammonia plant I can do it.

Print this post

27 comments:

Blue_Sniper said...

kindly provide me the excel file for ammonia simulation b-coz currently i m carrying my graduation project n i m in a middle of no where due to the complexity and unavailbility of simulation data.

this is my e-mail:
klizman84@yahoo.com

Charmspell said...

"Ammonia Plant Simulation"

Coal to Ammonia by Selexol process is my project

"Ammonia Plant Simulation"kindly provide me the excel file for ammonia simulation b-coz currently i m carrying my graduation project n i m in a middle of no where due to the complexity and unavailbility of simulation data.


this is my e-mail:
charmspell@ymail.com

tuananh4686 said...

Hello!
I need your file for my graduation project.Kindly provide me the file for ammonia simulation.
Thank you very much.

my email : tuananh4686@gmail.com

aldo said...

Thanks for the effort you make in the chemical engineering field. my thesis is about the ammonia, can you send the file, please.
My mail is:
aldopadillapoma@gmail.com
From Bolivia Thanks again

abo al wafa said...

thank you alot.I have prepare a simulat paper for urea plants can you send me your paper about ammonia plant

thanks

Rahul said...

Dear Sir,
I have to simulate Primary Reformer in Ammonia Plant (for a 1520 MTPD Topsoe plant) for my final year project. Feedstock to be NG. I searched in internet for various softwares/articles, but to no avail. I learnt about REF-SYS and Petrosim but dont have availability of such softs. I know it's really a painful job to simulate whole Ammonia plant, and i appreciate your work. Can you spare some time to give me some idea or referances how to simulate reformer. If possible kindly provide me the spreadsheet. If not then plz guide me how to start the same. With regards

Rahul said...

Hello Sir, Waiting for ur kind reply

My e-mail Id is: rahulsharmazmail@gmail.com

yinka said...

Hi, i will truly appreciate it if i can get a copy of your excel file for ammonia plants simulation. i am currently working on one but it has no kinetic calculations in it, so it always end up with about a 10-15% error in my calculation. I would like a copy of yours pls.

yinka4eva@gmail.com

quamstar said...

hi could you be kind enough to provide me with the file please?

cheers
my email address is smokeredemption@hotmail.co.uk

mohamed said...

I wondring how u did it?
it quite really hard work,, well done
plz contact me as soon as possible
mohmd_82@yahoo.com

alok jaiswal said...

Dear Sir,
I dont want your excel file. I just want to say if you can contact me please..My details are as follows:

Alok Jaiswal
alokjaiswal@iffco.nic.in

kikky said...

can you mentioned your e-mail ID for further discussion on this package

DKNY said...

hi there, can you please share the file with me as well? i'm a final year chem eng student.
email: dontknockny@gmail.com

hasish said...

Respected Sir
Kindly mail to me the required excel sheet ,my email address is ashishsifypatna@sify.com

Regards
Ashish Kumar

Unknown said...

hello,
i need simulation of ammonia plant cuz i m starting my job as a chemical engineer in fertilizer industry.
u can mail this at sohailkh786@gmail.com
thanks for sharing such a nice information.
regards.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Im Jay Fernandez, your blog is great!

I would really appreciate if you could send me your simulation on VB on the ammonia plant. Im a chemical engineering student and your job could really help me out.

My email is: j.fernandezn@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I need your file for my graduation project.Kindly provide me the file.
my id is py4786@gmail

ezino said...

Kindly help me with the excile file for the ammonia simulation. My email is ezino38@yahoo.com. I need it urgently. Thank you

Unknown said...

please send me sir,
i am working in a project of ammonia synthesis.

hgandhi02@gmail.co,

Technologist said...

Dear Hardik
This is not a free software & was made for Ammonia plants.

Thanks

Unknown said...

kindly provide me the excel file for ammonia simulation, i am currently i m carrying my graduation project of ammonia plant modeling n simulation. i m in a middle of no where due to the complexity and unavailbility of the simulation data.

this is my e-mail:
jien1329@gmail.com

Technologist said...

Dear Wazien
As I mentioned earlier it is not free, its very valuable & have a cost of ~15000-20000$ right now.

So I can not share it but can help u if required.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Me and my team is currently struggling on the ammonia plant design and wonder if you could help by sending us the Excel file.

My Email: nelsontht17@gmail.com

Thank you.

Regards,
Nelson

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Me and my team is currently struggling on the ammonia plant design and wonder if you could help by sending us the Excel file.

My Email: nelsontht17@gmail.com

Thank you.

Regards,
Nelson

Technologist said...

Nelson
I can help as long as it is non commercial and also as per my time availability.

Let me know your query?
Send it directly on my mail ID

Anonymous said...

I need it for my internship project.could u plz mail it?
parnil.parnil@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Could you please send me the excel file, this will allow me to conduct a life cycle analysis for an ammonia plant for my final year project.

My email: sarahdave12971@yahoo.com