This is the step where we need P&ID or piping and Instrumentation diagram
What is considered in a good P&ID?
Various aspects are considered during the preparation of P&ID which are:
- Plant Operation
- Plant Hardware
- Equipments connectivity
- Operational controls & instruments
- Safety controls & instruments
- Instruments interlocks
- Complete Piping information
- other details
Steps for P&ID Preparation
- Show all equipments with necessary piping to carry out the process
- Show all connecting process piping necessary to carry out the process
- Show all other pipings required for auxiliaries
- Show all required valves and major fittings
- Show all required instruments
- Mark size, fluid code, material code & identification numbers of all pipe lines
- Mark interlock numbers as per interlock description
- Review P & ID considering all operational, startup/shutdown, safety, maintenance & aesthetic aspects.
There are specified formats for each kind of equipments, Instruments etc to be filled in as data sheets in the Basic Engg Package. So BEP includes
- Line List with operating & Design conditions, each line is represented with Size, No, Area code, MOC, Insulation etc.
- Equipment List
- Instrument List
- Data sheet for each equipments called PDS (Process Data Sheet) depending on the type of equipment specific formats are to be used
- Tie In points list which is required for the marking of point where from process or utility is connected in the existing systems
This BEP package is sufficient for converting & implementing the technology in actual process plant.