August 23, 2009

Small Water Saving Initiative from my company

Dear All,
I just wanted to share a small initiative of my new company towards saving of water. This can be presented by you to your management for implementation which will help us to keep our globe safe and provide sufficient water savings for many families to upkeep their daily life.

The water is very important for all living things and currently it is of utmost importance for any coroporate house, individual, and governments to conserve water & promote conservation fo water.

In our present company the management has implemented waterless urinals in the corporate building. This is saving around 2 Litres of water / day / person. We have around 400 people working in this office which is therefore, saving around 2 x 400 x 300 = 240000 Litre / Year.

Now see the importance of this number. Each family (4 persons) need around 100 litre of water / day for hygeine & drinking. Therefore, it can serve for 2400 families for 1 year OR 40 families for 60 years of average life.



Print this post

6 comments:

Dana said...

Wow, thats awesome! I wish more companies would do something like this.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

good initiative

chellappa said...

Amazing innovation. can you spell out the cost of installation of the waterless urinals as I am concerned much that the cost should not outweigh the saving

Technologist said...

Not very high compared to conventional system. However, I may try to get in from my Admin if you really need this.

plumbing said...

Its really awesome. Your company is a model of good act and concern for the environment. Other companies and establishments should do that too to promote water conservation.